Kadayawan Festival in Davao City, Life is Here
If you are planning a trip to Davao City, then get yourself ready as Davao City has a lot of fun to offer as what it’s a slogan “Life is Here” live up to what it says.
Be it any time of the year, it sure has many events you could join to celebrate with especially during August which has the highly anticipated Kadayawan Festival also known as the “Mother of all Mindanao Festival”.[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”5″ gal_title=”Kadayawan Festival in Davao City, Life is Here”]
Its name is derived from the Mandaya word “madayaw” meaning treasured or valuable, as the ethnic tribes of Davao use this time to give thanks for the season’s bountiful harvest and offer rituals and dances to the gods of nature.
Kadayawan Festival has many highlight events you could choose from such as
- HiyassaKadayawan Coronation where 11 candidates from each tribe will battle for the crown through their talents and wits.
- DulaKadayawan which gives chance for tourists to interact with the locals and tribes through games
- SayawKadayawan show casing the traditions, folklore, and cultural uniqueness of the different tribes through dance performances.
- Indak-Indak sa Kadayawan which is street-dancing competition inspired by Mindanao’s rich cultural heritage.
- PamulaksaKadayawawhichis a gorgeous floral float parade of different tribes, groups and organizations in Davao City.
And finally, a trip is not complete without shopping for souvenirs. Kadayawan also open up markets, booths and exhibits showcasing local products which tourists and local people could buy from. In conclusion, Kadayawan is indeed a fun filled festival which bring tourists and locals great pleasure and enjoyments.